I want to become the kind of Mommy who can cook, sew, create, entertain, and take care of my sweet baby in every sense of the word.

Creating this blog is just one way to hold myself accountable to make the time to create, cook, organize, better myself, and craft, and each day I will document it and post it for the world to see.

I am not your typical Mommy... I nurse in public * My baby does NOT sleep through the night * I can't fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans (My baby is almost a year) * I make all of my own baby food * I get bored easily (and so does my baby) * I am doing it ALL om my own - My husband owns and operates a restaurant, so he works 7 days a week and is gone about 14 hours a day. ~also a key point when remembering that I don't know how to cook~... he's the chef, so he's either cooking for me, or bringing home food from the restaurant

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dark chocolate candy corn bark

My friend is having a Halloween party tomorrow night... perfect time to try out a new dessert.  I got this idea from Pinterest, but changed it up to make it my own.

18 oreos (broken up)  I tried to find Halloween Oreos, but couldn't, then I went with generic brand instead
1 cup of pretzel sticks  (broken into pieces)
1 cup of Candy Corn
4 Large bars of Hershey's Special dark chocolate
1 TBS of butter
Halloween sprinkles



Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about 3/4 cup of the candy corn onto the prepared cookie sheet.



Melt the chocolate bars in the microwave with the butter... 30 seconds, then stir, 30 seconds, then stir, 30 seconds, then stir. until melted and smooth.

Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly.  Sprinkle remaining candy corn and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet. Do not let it harden. Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces - it's really rich. Makes around 20-24 pieces. Store in air tight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment