I want to become the kind of Mommy who can cook, sew, create, entertain, and take care of my sweet baby in every sense of the word.

Creating this blog is just one way to hold myself accountable to make the time to create, cook, organize, better myself, and craft, and each day I will document it and post it for the world to see.

I am not your typical Mommy... I nurse in public * My baby does NOT sleep through the night * I can't fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans (My baby is almost a year) * I make all of my own baby food * I get bored easily (and so does my baby) * I am doing it ALL om my own - My husband owns and operates a restaurant, so he works 7 days a week and is gone about 14 hours a day. ~also a key point when remembering that I don't know how to cook~... he's the chef, so he's either cooking for me, or bringing home food from the restaurant

Friday, November 4, 2011

babies, birthday, and hummus

update...
  • I've been hitting the gym (almost) all week
  • Jaden lasted a record 30 minutes today
  • I've been making tons of new baby food... Jaden hates it all!
  • It was my wonderful Mommy's birthday yesterday
    • AND I made a tasty, healthy snack that I saw on Pinterest... check it out!
Hummus Melts:
  • First saute a little baby spinach in some olive oil and garlic. 2 handfuls of spinach will do. Just remember, it'll cook down dramatically.
  • Meanwhile, toast 2 whole wheat English muffins (this recipe makes enough for one open faced melt)
  • Spread both halves with Garlic hummus

  • Top each muffin with spinach, then a heap of shredded Mozzarella and place on a cookie sheet
  • Broil on high until brown and bubbly
YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment