I want to become the kind of Mommy who can cook, sew, create, entertain, and take care of my sweet baby in every sense of the word.

Creating this blog is just one way to hold myself accountable to make the time to create, cook, organize, better myself, and craft, and each day I will document it and post it for the world to see.

I am not your typical Mommy... I nurse in public * My baby does NOT sleep through the night * I can't fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans (My baby is almost a year) * I make all of my own baby food * I get bored easily (and so does my baby) * I am doing it ALL om my own - My husband owns and operates a restaurant, so he works 7 days a week and is gone about 14 hours a day. ~also a key point when remembering that I don't know how to cook~... he's the chef, so he's either cooking for me, or bringing home food from the restaurant

Monday, November 7, 2011

Creamy Sweet Corn

I started feeding Jaden solids at 6 months, but he is a very good eater, even now at 10 months old.  I have also made ALL of his food at home with my baby bullet.  For the first 3 months of solids I fed him single veggies only.  I tried a few fruits, but he wasn't too thrilled.  Now I am trying to find more interesting recipes.  You don't need a baby bullet, just any type of blender.

1 tbsp butter
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream


  • In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat
  • add corn and stir to coat. 
  • Add water. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook until very soft about... 10 minutes
  • let cool
  • Transfer to blender, add sour cream and puree on high speed until smooth.

Jaden loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment